The Index Manager allows you to customise how your directories are seen on the web if they do not contain an index file (index.html, index.php etc etc). The default at BetterWebSpace is that if that file does not exist we do not allow your directory contents to be listed (to keep your files secure) but you can change this.
- Login to cPanel
- Click on "Index Manager" in the advanced section.
- You should see a list of your folders, you can navigate through them clicking on the icons.
- When you fnd the directory you want click on it's name.
- You should now see a screen with the directory you've selected and some options:
- Default System Setting-does not allow directory contents to be shown
- No Indexing-does not allow directory contents to be shown
- Standard Indexing (text only)-prevents browsers from viewing the contents of directories that do not contain image files
- Fancy Indexing (graphics)-prevents browsers from viewing the contents of directories that do contain image files
- Click save and verify your settings.
Was this answer helpful?
This article is to assist customers who point either their A or MX records (or any other records)...
There are so many different types of SSL certificate and information about them in the...
Cron jobs are a great way to have tasks repeat at regular intervals automatically, whether that...
The server uses error pages to display to a user when it encounters an error with what they are...